Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Madden 13 Attribute Spotlight: QB carry (CAR) REVISITED - We are making progress!!!!



On July 1st, I published a blog post regarding Madden 12 Quarterback carry attributes.  In that blog, I made suggestions to EA (Donny Moore) on improving the accuracy of the QB carry attribute for Madden 13.  I gathered NFL fumble statistics and created a fumble percentage that could be used to assign the carry (CAR) attrbute in Madden.  Here is the complete blog post from July 1st, 2012:  http://maddenmanniac.blogspot.com/2012/07/look-at-madden-12-qb-carry-car.html

If you have followed me over the last several months, you know that the carry (CAR) attribute is a pet-peeve of mine.  I've blogged about it on other positions, such as:  running back, wide receiver, and tight end.  When I reviewed the ORIGINAL QB carry attributes released by EA for Madden 13, I was livid.  No only were the QB carry (CAR) attributes still inaccurate, almost all of them went untouched from Madden 12 to Madden 13.  Here is my blog discussing some of the Madden 13 QB attributes, including the CAR:  http://maddenmanniac.blogspot.com/2012/08/madden-13-player-ratings-qb-accuracy.html

In that blog, I noted a tweet I received from @Donny_Moore (dated Aug 4th, 2012):

   I will definitely take a look before first roster update for QB CAR ratings, thanks, nice article.

Well, guess what?  Donny Moore was true to his word and the QB carry (CAR) attribute has officially been overhauled.  

Below, is a table with the my July 1st carry (CAR) attribute suggestions for 75 different NFL QB's and highlighted in yellow are the NEW carry attributes for Madden 13 (as of the release day roster update):

M13 = Madden 13 release day roster update.

M12 = As of the final Madden 12 roster update.




If you haven't already, I encourage you to go back and read my original blog on the QB carry attribute ( NFL QB Fumble %) .  It explains my thinking and why I used a career fumble percentage to assign this attribute.

Words can't explain how excited I am about these attribute ratings.  While it may seem insignificant to some people, this is a big step in the right direction as far as I'm concerned.

I want to give a heart felt "THANK YOU" to EA and especially Donny Moore.  I've put a lot of time and energy into my blog and sincerely appreciate that Donny is not only listening, but utilizing some of my suggestions.

-----------------------

Now back to business.  Here are some the the biggest increases and decreases to individual QB's in regards to the carry (CAR) attributes:

Some notable increases:

Matt Schaub:  +18, from 42 to 60.

Aaron Rodgers:  +16, from 54 to 70.

Matt Ryan:  +15, from 55 to 70.

Mike Vick:  +11, form 58 to 69.

Some notable decreases:

Tim Tebow:  -11, from 88 to 77.

Drew Brees:  -5, from 63 to 58.

Vince Young:  -11, from 76 to 65.

Alex Smith:  -7, from 69 to 62.


Please note - The carry attribute isn't about a players ability to run with the football, it's about ball security and how well you protect the football.  In Madden NFL, the carry (CAR) attribute determines the frequency of fumbles for a player and should be rated accordingly.

While not every QB in Madden was included in these adjustments, this is still significant progress toward achieving realistic player attributes.

I like to thank all of you who follow my blog, I couldn't do this without your feedback (good and bad).


This is great news for ALL Madden fans.  When it comes to QB carry attributes, "If it's in the game, it's in the game."

 










3 comments:

  1. nice man! good to see your work pay off

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congatulations! Your perseverance is appreciated and admirable.

    ReplyDelete